As a not-for-profit social enterprise led by internationally recognised experts in all areas of respiratory medicine, Optimum Patient Care provides extensive support to Health Care Practitioners, focused on:
- Assistance towards Quality Improvement
- Patient assessment and review
- Patient self-management
- Improvements in primary care
We offer a unique review service to practices in the UK, including individually tailored practice reports providing a breakdown of patient demographics, current treatments and diagnoses. In addition, Optimum Patient Care collaborates with both pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions to facilitate, ethically approved, non-interventional clinical studies.
We also offer practices opportunities to participate in paid, ethically-approved research studies and provide a range of paid services for specialised audits, targeted research and educational activities as well as collaboration on local and national initiatives.
We are not funded by any pharmaceutical companies, but through ethically approved research conducted on our anonymised database, the Optimum Patient Care Research Database (OPCRD). The OPCRD is governed by the Anonymised Data Ethics Protocols and Transparency (ADEPT) committee and has been approved by the Health Research Authority (REC reference: 15/EM/0150) to be used for ethically approved research.
Benefits for Health Care Practitioners
- Case-finding potentially undiagnosed patients
- Risk stratification to improve management of at-risk patients
- Identification of patients with sub-optimal disease control
- Reduced exacerbations, hospital attendance and admissions
- Discontinuation of inappropriate treatments and cost savings
- Improved achievement of health targets e.g. QOF
- Opportunities to participate in paid ethically approved research