Optimum Patient Care offers a diverse range of research support options designed to equip primary care practitioners with the resources required to successfully deliver clinical trials and research that makes a difference to their patients.
In order to improve outcomes and care for patients across the UK, Optimum Patient Care is committed to supporting research and clinical trials in primary care. To do this we have brought together leading experts to:
- Develop a patient focused research that is integrated into primary care.
- Explore new avenues for the implementation of research within primary care.
- Advance patient care by using evidence based best practice.
- Improve the speed, quality and delivery of clinical trials in primary care.
- Provide excellent support to any general practice conducting research activities.
As a social enterprise and a clinical trial support organisation we are happy to provide support to any clinical research organisation, academic institute or GP practice who feel they will benefit from our services.
Many practices are very grateful for the mailing service we provide as it not only saves them time and resources but is also a secure process which complies with with NHS Information Governance and Research Ethics Committee guidelines.
To conduct this, we:
- Gather practice data in an anonymised format so no patient identifiable information leaves the practice.
- Review the data based on the study inclusion and exclusion criteria and identify the patients that are potentially eligible to participate in the study.
- The anonymised study-eligible patient list is provided to the practice where the list can be de-anonymised and printed to reveal the patients
- The patient list is then reviewed by the practice to exclude any patients you deemed unsuitable or inappropriate to be invited into the study
Our team will then support the practice to mail study invitations and information to patients.
We do this through DOCMAIL – a NHS approved remote mailing service provider. The process takes approximately 15 minutes Our patient identification service allows you to select for eligible patients without compromising patient identifiable information. It maximises the number of potentially eligible patients that can be identified from any practice population.
Our team are able to provide support with:
- Protocol review and advice
- Site identification and recruitment
- Admin and site documentation support
- Data review and patient identification
- Patient phone calls
- Clinics bookings and site correspondence
- Study visits and procedures
- (e)CRFs completion
- IVRS entry
- IMP management
- ISF management
- SAE reporting
- Data cleaning and query resolution
By using this model from the beginning of your research we can guarantee success and a stress free trial, however it is also possible to use this as a very effective and fast rescue for studies at risk of failure. Let us delivery your study for you.