As a result of our comprehensive work with GP surgeries, we can deliver Primary Care research support and bespoke data sets for academic research, extracted as IG-Compliant (ref 8HR85) data extractions from our partner practices, which forms one of the largest electronic medical record databases in the world.
We have extensive experience in conducting real-life research and working closely with over 700 GP practices across the UK. Extracted data, in combination with information obtained from patient questionnaires, provides a unique insight into the relationship between respiratory disease control and patient experience. The use of the database for research purposes has approval from the NHS Health Research Authority and is governed by the ADEPT Committee.
Benefits for Researchers
- Access to OPC Research Network and targeted practice recruitment
- Supported delivery of research in primary care
- De-identified primary care data collection
- Access to research question specific redacted free text
- Access to OPCRD for ethically approved research