Cambridge Research Support offers statistical analysis services to a group of medical research companies specialising in chronic disease research. A statistician is required to support their rapidly-growing team of researchers.
Applications will be considered by entry level candidates, where mentoring and support will be available, as well as those with extensive statistical experience.
The successful candidate will have the chance to join a highly capable and responsive international team within a small, thriving research company involved in the analysis and dissemination of data from both large-scale, clinical databases and randomised controlled trials.
Qualifications & skills
- A statistical background, normally as a post-graduate degree in statistics or a closely related discipline, although applicants with a good first degree in statistics and relevant experience may also be considered
- Excellent statistical modelling skills and the ability to interpret analysis results
- Sound IT skills and programming experience in SAS and SPSS
- Some knowledge of health economics would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in planning and analysis of RCTs would be advantageous but not essential
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in the English language
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Act as study statistician for entire through-life of research projects:
- Observational (database) studies; and/or
- Provide statistical input to study proposals, protocols and statistical analysis plans, including:
- Study design;
- Sample size & power calculations;
- Statistical methods.
- Carry out or supervise exploratory data analysis of datasets and baseline analyses.
- Carry out complex statistical analyses of study outcomes and assist in the interpretation of results.
- Contribute to the final statistical analysis report
- Provide statistical analysis mentoring and support to others
- Provide statistical advice and support in the dissemination of final results as:
- Abstracts, posters and oral presentations at international & national conferences;
- Academic publications.
Starting salary will depend on qualifications and relevant experience.
Please submit a copy of your CV with covering letter summarising your suitability for the position and specifying your salary expectations; to Carole Andrews, Human Resource Lead, via email email@example.com