We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Writer who is passionate about communicating real world clinical research. In this role, you will be working within the Scientific Communications Team, based either at our offices in Cambridge, Norfolk, Singapore or Brisbane. The position will involve working closely with our internal research leads and statisticians and also externally with key opinion leaders, academic partners, social enterprises and pharmaceutical clients as required.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal skills, fluency in English, have a high attention to detail and the ability to interpret health data. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects and deliver quality work as per project timelines. There will also be opportunities for named authorship on publications.
- Develop publication plans with clients alongside our internal research leads.
- Liaise with clients and scientific experts to develop publication material as required.
- Draft and revise manuscripts suitable for journal publication.
- Generate slide decks and posters for the purposes of client communication and conference presentation.
- Develop physician education pieces.
- Write press releases suitable for a variety of audiences.
- Conduct literature research to develop written materials.
- Undertake quality checks of written material generated by OPRI.
- Minimum BSc in a life science subject such as Biomedical Science or Pharmacology.
- Advanced degree: MSc or PhD preferred.
- At least 3-5 years medical writing experience.
- Experience of interpreting and communicating complex health data to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- The ability to work self-sufficiently and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Evidence of journal publication is preferable.
- Experience of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
Contract and Salary
Part-time and full-time roles are considered.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com or via the application form below. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.