Does supporting world-class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Engagement and Operations team in the role of Engagement Coordinator.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play your part in improving the health outcomes of patients through large scale clinical services and supporting important research which has been proven to impact clinical management and improve patient care.
Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is a growing global company, predominantly operating in the United Kingdom and Australia while starting to expand its reach in the United States. With over 15 years of experience, our mission is to support best practice for chronic disease management and make a difference to patients, using real-life research.
OPC holds several large electronic medical record databases, including the International Severe Asthma Registry (www.isaregistries.org), the world’s largest database for severe asthma patients, comprising data from over 21 countries; Optimum Patient Care Research Database Australia (www.optimumpatientcare.org.au/opcrda); and the Optimum Patient Care Research Database (www.opcrd.co.uk).
The Optimum Patient Care Research Database is a real-world, longitudinal research database, to provide anonymised data for research purposes. It currently holds de-identified data for over 14 million patients and is a high-quality data source used regularly in clinical, epidemiological, and pharmaceutical research.
The post holder is responsible for supporting OPC to achieve even greater influence and recruit healthcare sites to maximise our influence and drive research and quality improvement as part of the OPC Network. A key feature will be working in partnership with our operations teams to improve and maintain engagement with stakeholders, facilitating stakeholder engagement planning, and supporting them in responding to clients’ requests.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Work closely with the operations team to manage engagement with our OPC Network healthcare sites to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
2) Contribute to and successful delivery of stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with the overarching stakeholder experience and engagement strategy.
3) Contribute to researching, creating, writing and delivering communications and engagement plans for the clinical research project managers.
4) Monitor, measure, manage and report all OPC engagement activities and pipeline.
5) Work collaboratively with other members of the project team, liaising with project managers and service coordinators.
6) Ensure accurate audit trail maintained of all stakeholder engagement and activities are recorded on an engagement database.
7) Contribute to implementing an appropriate communication and engagement strategy: identifying key stakeholders and, where required, establishing and maintaining their support of the project.
8) Recruit and coordinate GP sites throughout the research process, ensuring professional relationships and regular communication with all participating GP sites.
9) To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required.
Experience and Skills
- Educated to a degree with an equivalent level of experience of working in customer engagement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing and creating content across communication platforms
- Strong interpersonal, networking and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High attention to detail, and ability to work proactively on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
- IT-literate with the ability to use multiple integrated systems and with excellent keyboard skills.
- Able to capture information timely and accurately during the contact
- Demonstrated capability to manage own workload and make informed decisions, working to tight and sometimes changing timescales
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail including proof reading of materials, ensuring professional and accurate communications
- The ability to work with others and develop strong collaborative networks across a variety of stakeholders and clients
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and assimilate new skills and take personal responsibility to do so
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent