Pretium saepe pariatur ornare cillum repudiandae inceptos iaculis cumque vulputate sequi neque quos exercitation aliquip interdum, veniam? Aute error, elit!
Optimum Patient Care Global (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated and proficient Database Manger to join our global team.
The role offers the opportunity to lead a team responsible for the management of the company’s global databases for use by academic and commercial clients. You will manage, oversee and develop the existing infrastructure of our databases, including the Optimum Patient Care Research Database (OPCRD), a de-identified electronic medical records (EMR) database of over 15 million patients, making it one of the largest global EMR data sources. You will also play a pivotal role in strategic guidance of designing and creating new clinical databases and registries worldwide.
The Database Manager will work with the Operations, IT, Analytics, Research and Technical teams globally to develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases and database infrastructure.
This is a full-time opportunity, based at our office in Oakington, Cambridge.
- Work across the global database teams to ensure infrastructure and systems are in place to deliver high quality data into the business.
- Drive process improvements, taking data feeds from multiple sources, and managing the ETL process into the data warehouses.
- Ensure that all data contained is accurate, up-to-date, and complete.
- Responsible for the design and creation of reporting tools to support the team’s needs and decision making.
- Ensure the clients and research teams are provided with the data in a timely manner.
- Monitor and analyse database performance and utilisation to identify and resolve any potential performance issues, capacity planning, and efficiency improvements.
- Keep up-to-date with current techniques and develop a technical strategy for the company.
- Provide metrics to the executives about the database and database team’s performance and contract KPIs with third party providers.
- Support team members on data issues and problem resolution.
- Provide line management to a small team of database administrators.
- Work alongside the Global and Country Data Analytics Managers to identify and implement new solutions against business requirements and provide query support/ best practice knowledge.
- Educated to a higher degree level (PhD or Masters) or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Exceptional technical ability using SQL Server and multiple Relational Database Management Systems as well as a deep understanding of data warehouse models (both Inmon and Kimball).
- At least 5 years of database administration experience with large datasets (100’s of millions of rows) and a demonstrable ability to efficiently organize and manipulate data
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Analytical mind and excellent attention to detail.
- Have the ability to translate project needs into effective database solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and team working
- Desirable experience in using either SSIS, SSRS or SSAS.
- Experience in MySQL, R, NHS UK Read Codes (v2 and v3), Snomed CT, WHO medical coding and MedDRA drug dictionaries and a background in clinical research would be an advantage.
Optimum Patient Care Global (OPC) is a growing global company, predominantly operating in the United Kingdom and Australia while starting to expand its reach in the United States. With over 15 years of experience, our mission is to support best practice for chronic disease management and make a difference to patients using real-life research.
OPC holds several large electronic medical record databases which include:
- the Optimum Patient Care Research Database (opcrd.co.uk): OPCRD isa real-world, longitudinal research database which provides anonymised data for research purposes. It currently holds de-identified data for over 12 million patients and is a high-quality data source used regularly in clinical, epidemiological, and pharmaceutical research.
- the International Severe Asthma Registry (www.isaregistries.org), the world’s largest database for severe asthma patients, comprising data from over 21 countries,
- Optimum Patient Care Research Database Australia (www.optimumpatientcare.org.au/opcrda) which holds the de-identified data of over half a million patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position.
Starting salary is dependent on experience.
Immediate start is available
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you.