Does supporting world-class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated and proficient Database Administrator.
You will be part of our Database Team, providing administration and support to an ever-growing estate of Databases, one of which is our OPC Research Database containing over 11 million patient records.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play your part in improving the health outcomes of patients through large scale clinical services and supporting important research which has been proven to impact clinical management and improve patient care.
Working within a newly formed Database Team alongside other IT Support teams with some of the below key responsibilities:
- Work closely with Data Analysts to identify and implement new solutions against business requirements and provide query support/ best practice knowledge.
- Monitor and analyse database performance and utilisation to identify and resolve any potential performance issues, capacity planning, and efficiency improvements.
- Review and optimise T-SQL code and database design to drive efficiency.
- Proactively monitor and respond to database alerts or identify areas for improvement in relation to monitoring.
- Creation and management of Security Access privileges whilst ensuring that the principle of least privilege is being adhered to.
- Ensuring backups are being performed and that completed backups are routinely tested; performing ad-hoc backup and restore requests.
- Contribute to and maintain technical documentation and operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification (e.g. MCSA, Data Science).
- A minimum of 2 years of database administration experience within a production SQL Server environment.
- Experience of managing security and permissions following best practices.
- Experience of performing database backup and restore operations.
- Experience and a good understanding of using T-SQL.
- A basic understanding of performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
- Desirable experience in using either SSIS, SSRS or SSAS.
- Desirable experience of working with clinical databases.
About the Optimum Patient Care
Optimum Patient Care has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 15 years. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise which provides a range of services to over 900 GP surgeries across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our services include clinical audit and review services, IG-compliant data extraction services, and research support services. Our services are provided at no cost to participating practices and freely available to all GP surgeries across the UK. Our anonymised research database, OPC Research Database (OPCRD), is one of the largest electronic health record databases in the world for research use, with over 11 million anonymised patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position.
Starting salary in the region of £25,000 to £35,000.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.