Our dynamic research company, Optimum Patient Care (OPC), are looking for a Clinical Research Project Manager to deliver an international quality improvement programme designed to improve health outcomes for COPD patients across the UK and USA.
The successful candidate will lead the implementation of this USA based research project, liaising between local service providers and the international OPC team (www.optimumpatientcare.org). This newly created role is an excellent opportunity for those with experience in research project management to develop international working experience.
The position will be home based with the ability to travel to Denver, Colorado and Cambridge, UK and to join international calls which may occasionally be held outside of standard working hours.
- Develop and review project documentation including trial agreements, protocols, practice and/or patient information sheets, training materials, presentations, and other operational resources.
- Recruit and coordinate US based integrated healthcare systems and take primary care sites throughout the research process, ensuring professional relationships and regular communication with all participating sites.
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of patient and clinician resources including questionnaires, clinical decision support, feedback, and promotional material.
- Oversee the coding and verification of data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures for subsequent analysis.
- Create presentation slides and posters to help integrated healthcare systems raise awareness and engagement with their sites.
- Develop reporting systems/slides for communicating to senior management team and respective funding organisations regarding operational delivery.
- Oversee the collection of data as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- Manage the work allocation and activities of the UK and US Project Management team, provide support, training and guidance as appropriate.
- At least four years’ experience in delivering or managing research projects and/or a degree in life sciences, epidemiology, biostatistics or equivalent.
- Experience of leading the delivery of a project, ideally across multiple sites/locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing and creating content across all communication platforms, particularly in research settings.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to work under pressure.
- High attention to detail, and ability to work proactively on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple events and programmes of work simultaneously
- Ability to deal with complex, sensitive information and negotiate on difficult issues
- The ability to work with others and develop strong collaborative networks across a variety of stakeholders and clients
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and assimilate new skills and take personal responsibility to do so.
- The ability to work autonomously, influence others and communicate effectively are essential to this role
- Experience of observational and pragmatic trials.
- Experience with primary care-based research studies.
- Experience with epidemiological studies or health care databases.
- Ability to analyse and interpret health data.
Contract & Salary:
This is a full-time role.
Starting salary is negotiable and dependent on qualifications and experience. Immediate start is available