Are you looking for a unique and exciting role? Does supporting world class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Here at Optimum Patient Care, we are looking for a highly motivated Service Coordinator to join our team based in Oakington, Cambridge.
Optimum Patient Care has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 12 years. Optimum Patient Care is a social enterprise focused on providing free services to GP surgeries including Clinical Review Services and IG-compliant data extractions for research use. Optimum Patient Care owns one of the largest anonymised electronic health record databases in the world for research use, OPCRD, holding electronic health data of over 680 practices and over 5 million patients.
This offers the opportunity of regular travel throughout the UK, including some overnight stays.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of providing a service, ideally within a Healthcare setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to deal professionally with colleagues internally and externally to the business
- Have a “make it happen” attitude, share initiatives and a willingness to help others
- Ability to pro-actively manage complex, changing project requirements
- Ability to follow and complete processes, suggesting and implementing improvements as required
- Strong Administration skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office, email and ideally experience of Skype/Join Me
- Candidates must hold a UK Driving Licence or similar
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Deliver services rendered by OPC as directed by company processes and the Management Team
- Facilitate recruitment of practices for Optimum Patient Care services and where applicable, support practices interested in undertaking research to be recruited onto research studies
- Support General Practices upon request with patient recruitment for service delivery or implementation of research activities in accordance with NHS information governance and UK Data Protection legislation.
- Updating and maintaining all essential records relating to project delivery, producing monthly reports and documents as necessary.
- Support with data extractions for service and projects
- Managing company correspondence including phone enquiries. Direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and manage calls independently where possible.
- Represent the organisation at meetings, exhibitions, conference, education workshops and healthcare shows.
- Work as part of the OPC service team to maximise communication and build strong working relationships with practices
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience but will be in the range of £19,000 to £22,000 per annum. An immediate start is available. Full or part-time applications considered.
Please send your CV with a covering letter for the attention of Carole Andrews using the form below.