Does supporting world class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated Service Coordinator to join our Delivery Team normally based in Oakington, Cambridge. The position is currently home-based due to COVID-19.
- Facilitate the recruitment of General Practices into the OPC Quality Improvement programme and, where applicable, support practices’ enrolment onto other research studies
- Where required, support General Practices with patient recruitment in accordance with NHS information governance and UK Data Protection legislation.
- Update and maintain project delivery records, and produce monthly reports and other documentation.
- Support with data extractions for Quality Improvement programme and research projects
- Support with the delivery of OPC services as directed
- Managing company correspondence including phone enquiries.
- Represent the organisation at meetings, exhibitions, conference, education workshops and healthcare shows.
- Work as part of the OPC service team to maximise communication and build strong working relationships with practices
- Excellent customer service skills ideally gained within a Healthcare setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to deal professionally with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong administration skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office, email and ideally experience of Zoom Teleconferencing
- Ability to pro-actively adapt to complex, changing project requirements
- Ability to follow and complete processes, suggesting and implementing improvements as required
- Have a “make it happen” attitude, a passion for sharing initiatives and a willingness to help others
About Optimum Patient Care (OPC)
Optimum Patient Care (OPC) has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 15 years. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise providing a range of quality improvement services to over 900 GP surgeries across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our services include clinical audit and quality improvement programmes, IG-compliant data extraction services, and research support services. They are provided at no cost to participating practices and freely available to all GP surgeries across the UK. Our anonymised research database – OPC Research Database (OPCRD), is one of the largest electronic health record databases in the world for research use, with over 11 million anonymised patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position, though part-time work may be considered. Starting salary is £20,000.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you.