Does supporting world-class research and improving the lives of patients excite you?
Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Optimum Patient Care is looking for a highly motivated data analyst to join our data team.
In this role you will be working alongside our research and operational teams based in Cambridge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of data from large-scale observational studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in health research data, have a high attention to detail and strong time management skills.
· Provide database support using structured query language (SQL).
· Advise internal team members and external clients on study database(s) content.
· Engage in building and maintaining data dictionaries and system technical documentation.
· Undertake quality checks to assure high standards of data and code.
· Contribute to data analyses as required for research projects.
· Maintain compliance with information governance and company policies.
MSc or equivalent experience with strong technical or scientific component (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics).
· At least three years of experience with SQL (particularly SQL Server) and database processing (ETL, stored procedures, large datasets)
· At least three years of experience coding and reporting with R and R Markdown
. Experience of working with EMR database studies and of generating accurate studies datasets
· Strong data analysis, interpretation and visualization.
· Experience in data dictionaries and advanced documentation systems.
· Desirable experience of working with clinical databases
· Knowledge of how to best handle large datasets (>1 billion rows)
· Proactive approach and experience of leading a team.
· Statistical background (models, correlations, hypothesis).
· General purpose programming languages (e.g. Python, Stata).
· Database administration tools (migration, DB administration).
About the Optimum Patient Care
Optimum Patient Care has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 15 years. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise which provides a range of services to over 900 GP surgeries across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our services include clinical audit and review services, IG-compliant data extraction services, and research support services. Our services are provided at no cost to participating practices and freely available to all GP surgeries across the UK. Our anonymised research database, OPC Research Database (OPCRD), is one of the largest electronic health record databases in the world for research use, with over 12 million anonymised patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position.
Salary in the region of £35,000 to £45,000.
Immediate start is available.
Job Type: Full-time
Position temporarily home-based due to COVID_19
To apply send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, we look forward to hearing from you.