This post holder will work in the Cambridge office and will lead on the management of data for use by academic and commercial clients. The post holder will be responsible for working with researchers to identify the datasets needed, project manage requests through the necessary approvals processes, extract the required datasets from the systems, ensuring all data is de-identified prior to use for research purposes.
- Driving process improvements, taking feeds from multiple sources and managing the ETL process into the data warehouses.
- Ensuring that all data contained is accurate, up to date and complete.
- Responsible for the design and creation of data reports and reporting tools to support the team’s reporting needs and decision making.
- Ensure the research teams are provided with the data in a timely manner.
- Development of standardised reporting and data validation processes.
- Regulatory framework management activity.
- Keeping up to date with current techniques and developing a technical strategy for the company.
- Provide metrics to the executive about the database and data team’s performance.
- Support team members on data issues and problem resolution.
- Educated to higher degree level (PhD or Masters) or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Have the ability to translate project needs into effective database solutions.
- Exceptional analytical ability using SQL and multiple Relational Database Management Systems as well as a deep understanding of data warehouse models (both Inmon and Kimball).
- At least 3 years data analysis experience using large datasets (100’s of millions of rows) and a demonstrable ability to manipulate data and critically analyse the outputs.
- Ability to adhere to quality procedures for analysis and to investigate anomalies and proactively develop and implement solutions.
- Able to work within a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Analytical mind and excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) in English and teamworking capability.
- Experience in MySQL, SAS or SPSS, NHS UK Read Codes (v2 and v3), Snomed CT, WHO medical coding and MedDRA drug dictionaries and a background in clinical research would be an advantage.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Please submit a copy of your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to Carole Andrews, HR Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org.