Job Type: Full-time
Location: Oakington Headquarters, Cambridgeshire
The post is a Project Manager within Service and Research Delivery Team and will be responsible for Project Management across a number of smaller projects and/or the management of a work stream within a larger project.
The post holder will provide project management knowledge for the team and colleagues across OPC.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the Project Management process, ensuring process effectiveness and compliance within OPC and third-party requirements as appropriate. Effectiveness will be measured by performance against the agreed relevant contractual obligations.
- Support the effective governance of the project by maintaining regular dialogue with the Service Delivery Manager; facilitating the running of formal and informal project meetings by the production of timely reports and minutes; and acting on the advice, guidance and direction given by the Service Delivery Manager.
- Manage and respond to project related email, liaise with project stakeholders, and ensure timely dissemination of minutes and actions.
- Support the review and approval of all changes impacting on the project. Ensuring that the appropriate project changes are established and implemented.
- Adhere to and support the development of the OPC’s project management standards, ensuring that all project management activity is undertaken to the highest professional standards consistent with this role.
- Liaise will all teams within OPC throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and review project documentation including trial agreements, protocols, practice and patient information sheets, training materials, presentations, and other resources.
- Develop and implement an appropriate communication and engagement strategy: identifying key stakeholders and, where required, establishing and maintaining their support of the project.
- Recruit and coordinate GP sites throughout the research process, ensuring professional relationships and regular communication with all participating GP sites.
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of patient and clinician resources including questionnaires, clinical decision support, feedback and promotional material.
- As appropriate to the specified position, code and verify data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures and enter data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
- Create presentation slides and posters to help researchers recruit new GP practices.
- As appropriate travel to GP sites to collect and record data as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- Plan and oversee the appropriate closure of the project, ensuring the effective handover and the documentation of a project closure and lessons learnt report.
- To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required.
- A degree in life sciences, epidemiology, biostatistics or equivalent, or relevant applied experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing and creating content across all communication platforms, particularly in research settings.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work proactively on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated capability to manage own workload and make informed decisions, working to tight and sometimes changing timescales
- Able to work accurately with excellent attention to detail including proof reading of materials, ensuring professional and accurate communications.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage complex events and programmes of work simultaneously
- Ability to deal with complex, sensitive information and negotiate with key stakeholders on difficult issues
- The ability to work with others and develop strong collaborative networks across a variety of stakeholders and clients
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and assimilate new skills and take personal responsibility to do so.
- Experience of observational and pragmatic trials.
- Experience with primary care-based research studies.
- Experience with epidemiological studies or health care databases.
- Ability to analyse and interpret health data.
- Experience of working in the primary healthcare sector
To apply send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com, we look forward to hearing from you.