The successful candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team consisting of researchers, epidemiologists, medical experts, medical writers and other statisticians. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with large-scale electronic health record databases and conduct pragmatic clinical studies across a range of therapeutic areas.
- Provide statistical input to research proposals and protocols for academic and commercial clients, tasks including:
- Study design
- Sample size and power calculations
- Plan and conduct statistical analysis
- Statistical methodology
- Act as the lead statistician on assigned research projects undertaking tasks including:
- Develop data cleaning processes and imputation strategy as required.
- Conduct or supervise exploratory data analysis of datasets and baseline variables.
- Conduct statistical analyses of study outcomes and assist in the interpretation of results.
- Contribute to the final statistical analysis report (including production of summary tables and figures).
- Contribute to journal publications and conference abstracts and posters.
- Carry out quality tasks for other research team members.
- Mentor junior researchers
- A first or post-graduate degree in statistics or equivalent subject.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in medical statistics
- Excellent statistical modelling skills and the ability to interpret analysis results
- Sound IT skills and programming experience using statistics software such as STATA, SAS or R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with epidemiological studies or health care databases
- Experience in designing and conducting analysis for randomised controlled trials
- Evidence of peer-reviewed publications
- Some knowledge of health economics
About Observational Pragmatic Research Institute (OPRI)
OPRI is an independent organisation with a focus on generating real world clinical evidence with a primary focus on respiratory care. OPRI aims to improve disease management and patient outcomes by undertaking the highest quality observational and pragmatic clinical research. OPRI focuses on identifying real-life factors that influence outcomes and real-life effectiveness both in terms of disease management and pharmacological interventions. By collaborating with world-renowned clinical, academic and industry partners, OPRI drives a vision for inclusion of real-life research into all aspects of medical research and clinical practice. OPRI has published over 100 papers and is considered a dynamic and progressive company leading in real life respiratory research globally.
Contract and Salary
Part-time and full-time roles are available.
To apply send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for an informal discussion about the role.