GLOBAL IT MANAGER
Optimum Patient Care Global (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated and proficient IT Manager to join our global team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play your part in improving the health outcomes of patients by supporting the provision of large-scale clinical services and important research proven to impact clinical management and patient care.
The role offers the opportunity to lead, shape and develop the IT function at OPC and entails day to day management of the network and server infrastructure resources across our group of companies. You will be responsible for the security of the company’s computer systems and electronic data, the development and implementation of customised systems, and oversee all computer-related activities.
You will work alongside the Operations, Technical, Data and Research teams based in the UK, Singapore and Brisbane.
The position is based at our offices in Oakington, Cambridge.
- Work across the global teams to ensure infrastructure and systems in place to deliver high quality IT solutions across the business.
- Lead the planning, enhancing and implementation of the IT infrastructure strategy across our group of companies.
- Keep up to date with current techniques and develop a technical strategy for the company.
- Contribute actively to the continuous improvement of company deployment methodology.
- Conduct project feasibility reviews of proposed IT developments as required.
- Provide dynamic project management and leadership to ensure the successful implementation of IT projects.
- Monitor and report on progress against agreed objectives, ensuring that issues of concern are raised in a timely manner and solutions proposed.
- Produce, review and amend Company Policies and Standard Operating Procedures relating to IT infrastructure.
- Provide reporting to the Management Team as required.
- Maintain an asset list of IT equipment across our organisations.
- Maintain relationships with key functions in all areas of the company to ensure consistent approach to the delivery of quality products and IT infrastructure.
- Ensure continuous inventory optimisation to meet business needs.
- Ensure that disaster recovery processes are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Work alongside the Global Database Manager and Software Development Lead to identify and implement solutions against business requirements and provide query support and best practice knowledge.
Experience and Skills
- Experience of IT infrastructure
- A proven record of resource management.
- Demonstrable experience and technical knowledge
- Demonstrable track record of managing and coaching teams of variable technical expertise.
- Excellent organisation, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude to change.
Optimum Patient Care Global (OPC) is a growing global company, predominantly operating in the United Kingdom and Australia while starting to expand its reach in the United States. With over 15 years of experience, our mission is to support best practice for chronic disease management and make a difference to patients using real-life research.
OPC holds several large electronic medical record databases which include:
- the Optimum Patient Care Research Database (opcrd.co.uk): OPCRD isa real-world, longitudinal research database which provides anonymised data for research purposes. It currently holds de-identified data for over 12 million patients and is a high-quality data source used regularly in clinical, epidemiological, and pharmaceutical research.
- the International Severe Asthma Registry (www.isaregistries.org), the world’s largest database for severe asthma patients, comprising data from over 21 countries,
- Optimum Patient Care Research Database Australia (www.optimumpatientcare.org.au/opcrda) which holds the de-identified data of over half a million patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position.
Starting salary is in the region of £30,000 to £35,000
Immediate start is available
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.