Does supporting world-class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated and proficient Database Administrator.
You will be part of our Data Team, and work alongside our IT and Technical Teams, providing administration and support to an ever-growing estate of Databases, one of which is our OPC Research Database containing over 11 million patient records.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play your part in improving the health outcomes of patients through large scale clinical services and supporting important research which has been proven to impact clinical management and improve patient care.
This position is normally office based, however, it is temporarily home-based due to the current pandemic.
- Work closely with our Data Analysts in order to identify and implement new solutions against business requirements and provide query support/ best practice knowledge.
- Monitor and analyse database performance and utilisation to identify and resolve any potential performance issues, capacity planning, and efficiency improvements.
- Review and optimise T-SQL code and database design to drive efficiency.
- Proactively monitor and respond to database alerts or identify areas for improvement in relation to monitoring.
- Creation and management of Security Access privileges whilst ensuring that the principle of least privilege is being adhered to.
- Ensuring backups are being performed and that completed backups are routinely tested; performing ad-hoc backup and restore requests.
- Contribute to and maintain technical documentation and operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification (e.g. MCSA, Data Science).
- A minimum of 2 years of database administration experience within a production SQL Server environment.
- Experience of managing security and permissions following best practices.
- Experience of performing database backup and restore operations.
- Experience and a good understanding of using T-SQL.
- A basic understanding of performance monitoring, analysis and tuning.
- Desirable experience in using either SSIS, SSRS or SSAS.
- Desirable experience in using Java and Java Script
- Desirable experience of working with clinical databases.
This is a full-time position with flexible working hours.
Job Type: Full-time
Position is currently home-based due to COVID-19
To apply send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com, we look forward to hearing from you.