Does supporting world-class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated and dynamic data analyst to join our data team.
In this role you will be working alongside our research, statistical and database teams based in Cambridge.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of data from large-scale observational studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in health research data, have a high attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Provide support on database querying, population and reporting, using structured query language (SQL).
- Generate data releases following study protocol requirements and service reports (Tableau).
- Advice internal team members and external clients on study database(s) content.
- Engage in building and maintaining data dictionaries and system technical documentation.
- Undertake quality checks to assure high standards of data and code.
- Contribute to data analyses as required for research projects.
- Maintain compliance with information governance and company policies.
BSc or equivalent qualification with strong technical or scientific component (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics).
- Familiarity with structured query language (SQL) and database processing (ETL, stored procedures, large datasets)
- Strong in data analysis, interpretation and visualization.
- Experience in at least one data or statistical package (SAS, R, or Stata)
- Experience in data dictionaries and advanced documentation systems.
- Desirable experience of working with clinical databases
Key skills: data manipulation (SAS, R, or Stata), relational databases (esp. my SQL and SQL Server), clinical or medical research, proactive approach.
Desirable: statistical background (models, correlations, hypothesis), general purpose programming languages (e.g. Python), database administration tools (migration, DB administration).
Contract and Salary
Part-time and full-time roles are considered.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and your experience. And it is negotiable
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com or call 01223 967810 for an informal chat about the role.
We look forward to hearing from you.