We are looking for a pragmatic lawyer with a commercial focus to support a diverse portfolio of International business interests. The successful candidate will provide professional legal advice and respond to a range of corporate issues across multiple jurisdictions.
You will be excited by the opportunity to provide legal representation to our network of research companies, which include The Observational and Pragmatic Research Institute (Singapore) and Optimum Patient Care (Australia and UK). Led by a dynamic and entrepreneurial Leadership Team, you will be integral in negotiating and contracting new business, advising on disputes and ensuring the legality of business transactions and practices.
This role presents a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career through involvement in a broad range of in-house legal matters. You will also travel internationally, attending conferences and visiting key company locations in order to be available for legal support.
- Deliver the legal requirements of every area of the business to include Contract, Employment Law, Data Protection, Property Law and the provision of specialist advice across a variety of work schemes
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts between the company, Pharmaceutical clients, Academic Institutions, required companies and individuals
- Represent the business in, and oversee positive resolutions of, all disputes and negotiations between the company and third parties
- Provide technically accurate and pragmatic legal advice on business rights and duties, assisting the business in remaining compliant with applicable regulations
- Ensure risks are identified, evaluated, escalated in a timely manner and provide solutions to mitigate or manage legal risk
- Build credibility within the business, collaborating with colleagues that may not have a legal background, across various international jurisdictions
- Two years post qualification experience
- Commercially aware
- Able to negotiate and draft contracts independently
- Previous in-house experience or a strong practice background
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, self-starter, able to prioritise and manage own workload
- International experience would be an advantage
This role is offered over 4 or 5 days a week from 9am to 5pm (flexible alternative working hours also available) from our office in Cambridge or Aylsham, Norfolk.
Salary is within the range of £40 – £50,000 per annum.
To apply send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com.