We are seeking a trained clinician with a desire to improve the health outcomes of patients through large scale clinical services and conducting important research which has been proven to impact clinical management and improve patient care. In this role you will have the opportunity to lead on government funded implementation projects and service delivery by Optimum Patient Care (OPC), a leading provider of healthcare services to over 700 GP practices across the UK.
We are looking for motivated individuals who would be interested in joining the OPC network of international companies, with offices in Cambridge, Norfolk, Singapore and Brisbane, Australia.
In providing your clinical input to our technical, data and service teams you will have a fantastic opportunity to further your clinical management and research project experience within an internationally recognised and growing organisation. The role is based in our UK (Cambridge or Norfolk) offices and is offered on a full or part time basis. For highly experienced individuals remote working will be considered.
- Support the service, data and technical team in the delivery of OPC Clinical Review and other Services, through liaison with GP’s, CCG’s and other representatives.
- Provide clinical guidance, support and training to internal and external teams.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the delivery of OPC services and the management of extracted data.
- Provide clinical input and guidance into Clinical Trials at the proposal stage, presenting information at client meetings and liaising with internal and external contacts.
- Build relationships and communication with key clients and collaborators to move proposals to signed contracts.
- Provide service and project related reports to senior management.
- Assist the research and operational team in the delivery of Clinical Trials, providing expert guidance as necessary.
- Act as the Information Governance Lead for the business and manage the annual IG review process across the relevant businesses.
- Act as a reference for our international network of partners in the resolution of clinical queries, providing external support as necessary.
- MBBS/BSc in Medicine or similar clinical qualification or experience.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Fully IT conversant with Microsoft and other software packages
- The ability to project manage and deliver objectives to time with minimal supervision
- Experience of Clinical Trials would provide a distinct advantage
About Optimum Patient Care
Optimum Patient Care has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 12 years. Optimum Patient Care is a social enterprise focused on providing free services to GP surgeries including Clinical Review Services and IG-compliant data extractions for research use. Optimum Patient Care owns one of the largest anonymised electronic health record databases in the world for research use (OPCRD) holding electronic health data of over 700 practices and over 6.3 million patients.
Contract and Salary
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience but will be in the range of £28,000 – £38,000 per annum.
Immediate start is available.