Does supporting world class research and improving the lives of patients excite you? Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated Business Administrator to join our Delivery Team normally based in Oakington, Cambridge. The position is currently home-based due to COVID-19.
This role will provide administration support across the OPC UK business.
- Provide an efficient and effective clerical and administrative support service to a designated team in accordance with OPC policies and procedures.
- Prepare and distribute agendas, take, and distribute, minutes of meetings.
- Support project management teams as required.
- Participate in Research and Compliance activities as directed.
- Organise and plan events as directed.
- Act as a point of contact for the team, dealing with complex queries from stakeholders.
- Undertake all administrative duties such as managing the electronic diary for the department, dealing with incoming calls and messages, photocopying, and sorting and prioritising mail and e-mail.
- Run and collate reports.
- Develop and maintain effective electronic and paper filing systems to ensure that information is kept securely.
- Responsible for ordering stationery and consumables.
- To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required.
- Educated to NVQ 4 level in a relevant subject or equivalent level of qualification, or equivalent previous experience.
- Administrative and/or secretarial experience including initiating and maintaining office systems.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential information and an understanding of the Confidentiality and Data Protection Act.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT systems and software programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to deal professionally with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Effective team worker with the ability to proactively adapt to complex, changing project requirements.
- Ability to work at pace in a busy working environment and able to multitask.
- Experience of minute taking.
- Ability to work without supervision and on own initiative, organising and prioritising own workloads to changing and often tight deadlines.
- Experience with primary care-based research studies.
- Experience of working in the primary healthcare sector.
About Optimum Patient Care (OPC)
Optimum Patient Care (OPC) has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 15 years. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise providing a range of quality improvement services to over 900 GP surgeries across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our services include clinical audit and quality improvement programmes, IG-compliant data extraction services, and research support services. They are provided at no cost to participating practices and freely available to all GP surgeries across the UK. Our anonymised research database – OPC Research Database (OPCRD), is one of the largest electronic health record databases in the world for research use, with over 12 million anonymised patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position. Starting salary is £18,000.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.