Pretium saepe pariatur ornare cillum repudiandae inceptos iaculis cumque vulputate sequi neque quos exercitation aliquip interdum, veniam? Aute error, elit!
Does supporting world class research and improving lives of patients excite you? Our dynamic and internationally recognised research company Optimum Patient Care (OPC) is looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join our Service and Research Delivery Team normally based in Oakington, Cambridge.
This role will be responsible for Project Management of either one large project or a number of smaller projects. The post holder will provide project management knowledge for the team and colleagues across OPC.
- Responsible for the Project Management processes, ensuring their effectiveness and compliance within OPC and third-party requirements as appropriate.
- Adhere to and support the development of the OPC’s project management standards, ensuring that all project management activity is undertaken to the highest professional standards consistent with this role.
- Develop and review project documentation including trial agreements, protocols, practice and patient information sheets, training materials, presentations, and other resources.
- Develop and implement an appropriate communication and engagement strategy: identifying key stakeholders and, where required, establishing and maintaining their support of the project.
- Recruit and coordinate GP sites throughout the research process, ensuring professional relationships and regular communication with all participating GP sites.
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of patient and clinician resources including questionnaires, clinical decision support, feedback and promotional material.
- Support the effective governance of each project by maintaining regular dialogue with the Service Delivery Manager; facilitating the running of formal and informal project meetings by the production of timely reports and minutes; and acting on the advice, guidance and direction given by the Service Delivery Manager.
- Liaise with project stakeholders, both internally and externally, and ensure timely dissemination of minutes and actions.
- Create presentation slides and posters to help researchers recruit new GP practices.
- To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as required.
- A degree in life sciences, epidemiology, biostatistics or equivalent, or relevant applied experience.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to manage complex events and programmes of work simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience of drafting, editing and creating content across all communication platforms, particularly in research settings.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work proactively on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated capability to manage own workload and make informed decisions, working to tight and sometimes changing timescales.
- Ability to deal with complex, sensitive information and negotiate with key stakeholders on difficult issues.
- The ability to work with others and develop strong collaborative networks across a variety of stakeholders and clients.
- Enthusiastic and motivated to learn and assimilate new skills and take personal responsibility to do so.
About Optimum Patient Care (OPC)
Optimum Patient Care (OPC) has been supporting chronic disease management and research in primary care for over 15 years. We are a not-for-profit social enterprise providing a range of quality improvement services to over 900 GP surgeries across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Our services include clinical audit and quality improvement programmes, IG-compliant data extraction services, and research support services. They are provided at no cost to participating practices and freely available to all GP surgeries across the UK. Our anonymised research database – OPC Research Database (OPCRD), is one of the largest electronic health record databases in the world for research use, with over 12 million anonymised patients.
Contract and Salary
This is a full-time position. Salary is dependent on the experience.
Immediate start is available.
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role. We look forward to hearing from you.