We are currently seeking an experienced pharmacoepidemiologist proficient in working with large relational healthcare datasets.
You will have the scope and capability to develop research ideas, coordinate, conduct and communicate high-quality scientific research for both commercial and academic purposes. The successful candidate will work within a small, experienced team of international researchers and alongside our clinical, statistical and database colleagues. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within an internationally recognised research organisation involved in the analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies and pragmatic randomised controlled trials.
This role can be based in our UK (Cambridge or Norfolk), Singapore or Brisbane offices on a full or part time basis. For highly experienced individuals international remote working will be considered.
- Lead research proposals for academic and commercial clients
- Develop statistical analysis plans and conduct analyses for clinical database studies and pragmatic randomised
- controlled trials
- Liaise with study sponsors and steering committee experts throughout the project
- Take leadership of a project team from idea generation to delivery of the study outputs
- Critically review the work of other members of the research team and mentor less experienced members as necessary
- Contribute, as an author, to journal publications, conference abstracts and posters
Present at international conferences
- Postgraduate degree in life sciences (e.g. MSc, PhD), epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, biostatistics or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience
Experience and Key Skills
- Academic training and practical experience in health outcomes research, epidemiology, or pharmacoepidemiology
- Experience of leading health research projects from start to completion
- Analysis and dissemination of real-life research from large-scale observational studies
- Protocol writing
- Manuscript writing
- Authorship of journal publications (at least 10 peer reviewed publications)
- Essential to have proficiency and demonstrable experience working with large relational healthcare datasets (in excess of 100k)
- Statistical analysis using Stata, R, SQL or MySQL
- Biostatistical experience: regressions (logistic, conditional), survival analysis
- Client relations, liaising with external parties internationally, strong leadership and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Please send your CV with a covering letter summarising your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form below. Candidates will be required to undertake a remote skills test prior to interview.
We look forward to hearing from you.