Pretium saepe pariatur ornare cillum repudiandae inceptos iaculis cumque vulputate sequi neque quos exercitation aliquip interdum, veniam? Aute error, elit!
The post holder will be a driven, committed, and compassionate leader who has experience of commissioning and change management programmes. Applying strong project management processes and evidence based methodically.
The Post holder will be responsible for a portfolio of programmes/projects and it is anticipated that a proportion of work programmes will encompass “task and finish” activities.
- To play a key role in the coordination and programme management responsibility for planning and delivery of the work programme.
- The role supports the business in driving research and programmes as well as value for money in planning and service delivery.
- Supports the continuous drive for quality and performance improvement and service innovation through developing and engaging stakeholders with change management techniques.
- The role is designed to build a combination of subject matter expertise and technical skills to develop strong system service transformational change and delivery.
- To carry out service reviews, collection of data, interpreting and analysing data intelligently, carrying out financial and activity modelling as required informing service change and capacity planning as part of contracting schedules.
- To develop and produce, operational protocols, project initiation documents, business cases, business plans and implementation plans which adhere to the OPC business planning processes.
- Ensure that the programmes deliver high quality outcomes and products that have a positive impact on outcomes for research, clinicians and patients.
- Support and strengthen matrix management arrangements across the organisation.
- Support the development of the OPC culture, based on a commitment to delivering high quality services and outcomes, centred on our patients.
COMMUNICATIONS AND KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- The Post holder will be required to maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Operate effectively in a flexible and demanding environment and proactively engage with staff working on a variety of topics applying change management skills and building effective relationships to influence change.
- Provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information, presenting information, to a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of formal and informal settings.
- Committed to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders on a range of business sensitive issues.
- Nurture key relationships and maintain networks internally and externally
- Link with managers and members of other business functions, to address inter-dependencies and ensure alignment.
- Apply a structured change management approach and methodology for the impact of any change.
- Deputise as required, expanding on knowledge, skills and experience within personal professional development.
- To work as part of a matrix structure in the delivery of objectives
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Delivery of project plans, allocating tasks as appropriate, identifying risks, issues and dependencies, considering best practice and current options and ultimately making decisions in the best interest of the project.
- Develop comprehensive and cohesive project plans which are consistent with the overall OPC business plan timetable and meet the strategic direction and priorities of OPC.
- Collate as required, qualitative and quantitative information and lead appropriate analysis to develop robust business cases.
- Proactively manage stakeholders, respond to and resolve conflict between different stakeholders when this arises through facilitation or other appropriate mechanisms.
- Be responsible for a high standard of work supporting the delivery of projects on time, to quality standards and in a cost effective manner.
- Maintain documents and associated plans with regular team meetings to monitor progress and resources.
- Responsible for the planning and organisation of numerous events/meetings, ensuring communication tools are used to their maximum value for circulating the minutes, agenda and presentations in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate effective stakeholder management at all levels.
- Contribute to performance improvement, taking a lead for identified areas where agreed.
- Ensure that the projects maintain business focus, have clear authority and that the context, including risks, are actively managed in alignment with the strategic priorities of OPC.
- Undertake robust risk management for projects and ensure risk and issue logs are maintained, regularly updated and escalated as required.
- Support project managers in areas of work where the Post holder’s skills and experience can be used to benefit the organisation’s objectives and the organisational development needs.
ANALYTICAL AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- Analyse and assess highly complex facts associated with performance, strategy, capacity, demand, workforce, finance, business planning and whole system clinical pathway redesign.
- Analyse and assess conflicting information where expert opinion may differ or information may not be fully developed, relying on judgement and critical thinking to deliver an appropriate outcome.
- Exercise immediate judgement and decision making and use personal judgement for escalation of issues as necessary.
- To monitor the performance of the programmes against objectives and to be responsible for ensuring corrective action is taken when necessary.
- To carry out service reviews, collection of data, interpreting and analysing data intelligently and carry out financial and activity modelling as required to inform service change, capacity planning as part of contracting schedules.
- Responsible for the recruitment and effective line management of staff within the research and operations teams.
- Cover and deputise where necessary and/or directed as well as undertaking or partaking in appraisals, recruitment including progressing any disciplinary or capability issues as necessary.
- Managing third parties to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner and within budget.
- Demonstrated significant experience in a healthcare and in particular primary care environment
- Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or AGILE project management
- Experience of delivering change management projects or interventions
- Experience of service redesign and programme management in Primary Care
- Evidence of continuing professional development Significant experience of successfully operating in a politically sensitive environment
- Experience of managing risks and reporting
- Experience of monitoring budgets and business planning processes
- Must be able to provide, prepare and produce highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Negotiate on difficult and controversial issues including performance and change
- Problem Solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands Intermediate user of MS Excel 2010 onwards for data manipulation
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options
- Takes decisions on difficult and contentious issues where there may be a number of courses of action Strategic thinking – ability to anticipate and resolve problems before they arise
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Comprehensive experience of project techniques and leadership skills i.e. emotional intelligence
- Must be able to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct the activities of others
- Experience of managing and motivating a team and reviewing performance of the individuals
- Able to use initiative to decide relevant actions and make recommendations to Sponsor/ Manager, with the aim of improving deliverables and compliance to policies
- Used to working with multiple priorities
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
- Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in the desire to provide or support the most appropriate interventions
- Professional calm and efficient manner
- Effective organiser, influencer and networker
- Demonstrates a strong desire to improve performance and make a difference by focusing on goals
Salary is dependent on experience.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Cambridge, Norfolk